The Newest Evolution in Cataract Surgery – A Custom-Tailored Solution for Your Eyes
- A technologically-advanced procedure
- Offers a new level of precision and reproducibility.
- Optimizes alignment of capsulotomy and corneal incisions
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY- LASER BASED CATARACT SURGERY
NTEC offers patients Femtosecond (Femto) Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery. This is a reliable, consistent and predictable method that makes the procedure much more controlled and safe. Your NTEC surgeon can create high precision incisions with a special laser to reduce astigmatism.
The Femto Laser is also used to create precise flaps like in bladeless LASIK. Femto Laser replaces several manual aspects of cataract surgery, including surgical incisions in the cornea, the circular opening on the lens surface (capsulotomy) and breaking up (fragmentation) of the lens. It can also be used to make incisions in the peripheral cornea to aid the correction of pre-existing astigmatism.
How is Femto Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery performed?
Achieve Laser Accuracy
Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery is designed to bring a new level of accuracy and reproducibility to refractive cataract surgery. Early evaluations of the system report that, however accurate a surgeons manual procedures seemed in the past, they see measurable improvements when using the Laser.
Platform for Precise Cataract Procedures
The Femto laser creates the corneal incisions, breaks apart the cloudy cataract lens and creates a custom-sized capsulotomy opening allowing the synthetic lens to be perfectly centered in your eye.
The Laser can perform anterior capsulotomy, lens fragmentation and all corneal incisions with tremendous reproducibility. From clean three-plane corneal incisions to customized fragmentation patterns, your surgeon creates predictable cuts that carry through subsequent steps of refractive cataract surgery.
Refractive correction services that are offered during cataract surgery can include special-feature intraocular lenses like multifocal and accommodating IOLs, femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery, and other specialized diagnostics. These services are an additional cost to patients because they are not deemed medically necessary. Newer innovations for cataract surgery aim to enhance refractive outcomes for patients who are hoping to be independent of glasses or contacts but at a financial cost.
NTEC Cataract Technology Offerings – Advancing Technology for Your Sight
- LENSX Laser System
- CATALYS® Precision Laser System
- VERION Image Guided System
- Intralase IFS Femtosecond Laser
- Centurian Vision System
- OPD Scan III Refractive Power / Corneal Analyzer
- IOLMaster Coherence Tomography
- Endothelial Cell Count/Specular Microscope
- Nidek BCVA
Cataract Patient Instructions
- Pre-operative Instructions
- Post-operative Instructions
- North Toronto Eye Surgery Centre Driving Directions
- NYGH Minor Surgical Procedures and Elder Care Centre Eye Surgery Centre Admission Instructions
- Kensington Eye Institute Admission Instructions
- TLC Yonge & Eglinton Cataract Surgery Package
- Femto Patient Consent Form for Kensington Eye Institute
Cataract Surgery Locations
Cataract Surgery can be performed at the following locations: